If you have a warrant, it is important to address the situation promptly. Ignoring the warrant can lead to being arrested at a time or place that is not ideal for you.
Here are steps to follow if you have an active warrant.
- Consultant with an Attorney. A criminal attorney can provide you with legal guidance tailored to your specific situation, explain the charges against you, and help you navigate the legal process.
- Understand the Bond Type: In Iowa, two bond types are generally set. The bond type will either be surety or cash only. Requirements for posting each bond type do vary.
- Prearrange Posting Bail: Once your warrant is active, contact Lederman Bail Bonds to arrange your bond. An experienced agent will walk you through the process to alleviate the stress of having to turn yourself in and make the process more efficient once you are inside the jail.
- Turn Yourself in: Decide on a date and time to turn yourself into law enforcement.
- Post Bail: A Lederman Agent will post your bond once you have completed the booking process inside the jail. You will be released with a court date.
- Attend Court Appearances: Attend all court dates required by the court until your case has been dismissed or you have been sentenced. At that time, your bond will be exonerated by the court. Failure to appear at any court dates will result in forfeiture of the bond and an additional bench warrant.
- Follow Legal Advice: Your attorney will guide you through the legal process. It is essential that you keep your contact information up to date with your attorney and bail bond company.
Every situation is different, and Lederman Bail Bonds is here to assist you every step of the way. Call 1-800-564-8898 now to talk to one of our agents.